Apply for Service

Apply for Service


Applications are required on all metered services. This document authorizes the Cooperative to provide utility services at the service location in the applicant’s name.

We are now utilizing knowledge-based authentication (KBA) to verify Member identity through Docusign. Through a series of publicly and commercially available records, identity can be established without submitting personally identifiable information via email and fax. Applicants that apply through Docusign must consent to an online credit check. Applicants that decline the online credit check are encouraged to apply for service at any Talquin Member Service office. Additionally, applicants who fail to meet KBA requirements are encouraged to apply for service at any Talquin Member Service Office.

For business Members, we are not using Docusign. We ask for a Tax ID, business name, letter of authorization (signed by an officer), notarized application, and meter number.

For property management services, we offer our Service Continuation Agreement to help simplify the application process. Please contact any Talquin Member Service office at (850) 627-7651.


  1. Please complete the “short” form requesting service on our website.
  2. A Member Service Representative will contact you with information about the service location that you have requested including deposit options, service address, and account establishment fees.
  3. You will receive a secure identity authentication form and an application for service from Docusign. Please complete both the form and application to the best of your ability and submit. Once the Cooperative processes the documents, an acknowledgment email will be sent.
  4. Applications are processed Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time. Please allow 1-3 business days for a response.

In order to protect the privacy and protection of applicants, Talquin does not accept personally identifiable information, including social security cards and other forms of identification through email.

Apply for Service

To apply for electric, water or wastewater services at one of our Member Service Offices, please bring the following documents:
  • Government Issued Photo ID
  • Social Security Number Verification
  • 8-Digit Electric Meter Number (located at bottom of meter face) – preferred
  • 911 Address for Service Location

***Please note: personal checks, cashier’s checks, money orders and credit cards (Discover, MasterCard and VISA) are accepted for payments. No cash is accepted in our offices.


Deposits are required on all utility accounts at the time of application. For new applicants, deposits may be waived if an applicant consents to an online credit check. Deposits may be waived for existing Members requesting additional service based on their current credit status.

Online Credit Check:

  • Results are available within a few minutes

Disconnect Services

To learn about disconnecting your service(s), click here.