Energy and Water Efficiency
Using energy and water efficiently makes sense and does not have to be difficult. Small changes can make a big difference in monthly energy and water consumption. Using a ceiling fan, changing out filters and changing the temperature can make a big difference.
Read about how to save during the cooler months here.
- Add caulk or weatherstripping to seal air leaks around leaky doors and windows.
- Install tight-fitting, insulating drapes or shades on windows that feel drafty after weatherizing.
- When you are asleep or out of the house, turn your thermostat back 10° to 15° for eight hours and save around 10% a year on your heating and cooling bills.
- Check for leaks – Why pay for water that you’re not using? Find and fix leaks now.
- Install low-flow showerheads – Showers are the largest indoor water use. Reduce your water use by as much as one-third by simply switching your old showerheads for low-flow showerheads.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine with full loads only.
Free Energy Analysis
Talquin’s Energy Services looks at each home or business with specially designed tools and training to provide quality analysis for Talquin Members, for no additional fee. Talquin energy experts use thermal-imaging infrared cameras to reveal energy losses and heat gains. They also measure and chart temperature, humidity, and dew point over a period of time by utilizing data loggers.
The results of each analysis are presented in a report outlining the findings, which are supported with photographs and thermal images and tailored specifically for each Member. This enhanced program has helped over 3,000 Members manage their utility bills and answer questions regarding energy consumption.
Call 850-627-7651 today and set up your appointment!
Members interested in generating power for their own use through a net metering facility such as a solar photovoltaic system, biomass, etc., may contact the Cooperative for interconnection instructions and net metering rules.
“Net Metering” means the difference in the applicable billing period between the amount of electricity supplied by the Cooperative compared to the amount of electricity generated by the respective Member that is delivered to the Cooperative.
In order to realize these benefits and establish net-metering, the following documentation must be completed and returned to one of the Talquin Member Service Offices:
- Interconnection Agreement (This is a legal instrument approved by the Florida Public Service Commission for the establishment of net metering. It must be signed and witnessed at a Member Service Office.)
- Line Diagram of Renewable Generation Service and Output Level
- Proof of Insurance
- County Inspection/Release
For more information regarding net metering, please contact us or call (850) 627-7651.
Talquin Solar Array
Did you know that Talquin has a 10kW Peak DC (or 9 kW Peak AC) solar array at the Bradfordville operations center? The 48 panels were installed in 2008 and produce an average of 12,619kWh each year. To learn more about the system, click HERE.
Want to learn more about solar? Contact Talquin’s Energy Services department today.
Talquin Electric’s Power Generation Portfolio
In need of new air filters for your home? A dirty air filter can cause your air conditioner, refrigerator, furnace, and other utilities around your home to malfunction, drive up your energy cost, and work less efficiently. FilterChange is an easy way to order filters online and get them delivered free to your door. In addition to saving energy, you can save up to 50% on the purchase price of your filters
For more information, visit their website or contact them at 1-888-939-9788.
Smart Thermostat pilot program
Through Seminole Electric, Talquin participated in a smart thermostat pilot program with the help of voluntary enrollment of Members. This pilot program benefits the community, contributes to the reliability of the grid, and helps the environment.