Energy and Water Efficiency
Using energy and water efficiently makes sense and does not have to be difficult. Small changes can make a big difference in monthly energy and water consumption. Using a ceiling fan, changing out filters and changing the temperature can make a big difference.
Fall & Winter Energy Tips
Read about how to save during the cooler months here.
- Add caulk or weatherstripping to seal air leaks around leaky doors and windows.
- Install tight-fitting, insulating drapes or shades on windows that feel drafty after weatherizing.
- When you are asleep or out of the house, turn your thermostat back 10° to 15° for eight hours and save around 10% a year on your heating and cooling bills.
- Check for leaks – Why pay for water that you’re not using? Find and fix leaks now.
- Install low-flow showerheads – Showers are the largest indoor water use. Reduce your water use by as much as one-third by simply switching your old showerheads for low-flow showerheads.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine with full loads only.
Free In-Home Energy Analysis
Talquin’s Energy Services looks at each home with specially designed tools and training to provide quality analysis at no cost for Talquin Members. Talquin energy experts use thermal-imaging infrared cameras to reveal energy losses and heat gains. They also measure and chart temperature, humidity, and dew point over a period of time by utilizing data loggers.
The results of each analysis are presented in a report outlining the findings, which are supported with photographs and thermal images and tailored specifically for each Member. This enhanced program has helped over 3,000 Members manage their utility bills and answer questions regarding energy consumption.
Call 850-627-7651 today and set up your appointment!
Members interested in generating power for their own use through a net metering facility such as a solar photovoltaic system, biomass, etc., may contact the Cooperative for interconnection instructions and net metering rules.
“Net Metering” means the difference in the applicable billing period between the amount of electricity supplied by the Cooperative compared to the amount of electricity generated by the respective Member that is delivered to the Cooperative.
For more information regarding net metering, please contact us or call (850) 627-7651.
Talquin Solar Array
Did you know that Talquin has a 10kW Peak DC (or 9 kW Peak AC) solar array at the Bradfordville operations center? The 48 panels were installed in 2008 and produce an average of 12,619kWh each year. To learn more about the system, click HERE.
Talquin Electric’s Power Generation Portfolio
2015 Power Generation
ReHome Florida Loan
Improve the energy efficiency of your home with this fast and convenient financing option for affordable energy-saving home improvements.
- True Fixed Rate™
- Loans from $2,500 to $20,000;
- Loan terms of 5, 7, or 10 years with no pre-payment penalties
- No lien on your home; no points, fees, or closing costs; no home equity required; and new homeowners are OK too
Who is Eligible?
- Florida homeowners who are members of participating Rural Electric Cooperatives and who are making qualifying improvements to their 1- or 2-unit primary residence (owner occupied).
- Good credit and the ability to repay are required; all income levels are eligible
How to Apply? Visit www.ReHomeFlorida.com or Call 888.232.3477